One of the principles that inform my living is to have a vocation that allows me to continue to develop as I assist others to develop. This principle is informed by a belief that we are intended to evolve and that our personal evolution contributes to the evolution of our culture. If there are enough individuals focusing on personal evolution then the culture will evolve.
I have worked in education most of my adult life. I have a strong belief that education can be a catalyst for change if we can figure out how to form it so that it is a positive growth element. I have become frustrated with the attempts being made by current educational reform efforts, and I have come to believe that change will occur through developing technologies.
Thus, I am seeking to apply integral theory to education through application of Web 2.0 (and higher as they develop) technologies. I think that we need to have a robust theoretical map of consciousness to assist in our growth.
Through this blog, I hope to keep a record of my developing ideas, insights, connections, etc.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment